Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Some news...

I guess it would be time to officially announce on the blog that WE ARE EXPECTING!  By now, I am sure you all know that, but I wanted to document it here too.  I am due September 18th!  As many of you know, we are in the process of domestically adopting a special little treasure.  It is our agency's policy that the adoption be put on hold until the biological baby arrives.  While I completely understand that policy and know that it is for the best, I would be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.  This pregnancy came as a bit of a surprise, but we of course, could not be more excited!  Our social worker made a great point when I called to tell her of our news.  She said, "There is a reason the baby you adpot will need this older sibling."  That has stuck with me.  Being completely honest, while the first few weeks finding out you are pregnant should be extrememly exciting, I was secretly quite down.  I knew deep down that that meant that the adoption would be postponed.  I waited weeks and weeks to make the call to let our social worker know about the pregnancy.  I guess I just didn't want to hear her say that we would be put on hold.  I did hear those words, and I was ok.  Honestly, I think it was freeing to have it out in the open and focus on and enjoy the little peanut growing inside of me.  We know without a shawdow of doubt that we are still called to adopt...the timing is just different than what WE thought.  Isn't that something...He knows what is best, timing and all :-).  I have to constantly be reminded of that. 

Mary Lee is so excited to be a big sister!  I think she is going to be a great one!  Since I waited so long to announce that we are pregnant, you also get to know the gender now too!  See below for pictures of the reveal!








Yes, we are having a BOY!!  I thought for sure it was another girl.  I have been very sick, just like with Mary Lee.  For some reason, I just thought it was another girl.  Boy, was I wrong!  We could not be more thrilled to be expecting a sweet baby boy.  He officially has a name too...Tucker Andrew Guice.  Mary Lee already loves Tucker to pieces.  She feeds him bottles and gives him pacis through my belly all of the time.  She loves to hug him and give him sugars too.  She is smitten...let's hope it lasts! 

As many of you know, I don't have the best or easiest pregnancies.  Please pray with us that Tucker and Mommy will stay healthy!  We are so very blessed!

Oh, one more thing...If you haven't donated to our adoption fund and would like to, please see the previous post for instructions on how to donate.  We are close to our goal of raising $3000!  We still need about $500 to meet our goal to be matched.  So many have already given, and we appreciate that so much!  While we know the Lord will provide every bit of that money, it feels good to know that so many have contributed to the cause of the orphan and to know that we will have close to $6000 (with the match) to cover some of our adoption costs.  Thank you for prayerfully and financially being a part!

No comments:

Post a Comment