Sunday, December 6, 2009

Back to Work I Go

Well, I have dreaded this day for quite some time. Tomorrow, I go back to work. I am not dreading actually going back to work because I love my job and have missed my students, but I am definitely dreading leaving my baby girl. I would not trade the last several weeks at home with Mary Lee for anything in the entire world. While being a new mommy is sometimes tiring, stressful, and hard work, the joy you get from having a child is undescribable. Mary Lee has become our world in a few short weeks. And now, to know that I will not be with her all of the time devastates me...It is bringing me to tears as I type. I want to spend every moment that I can with her right now as she is growing and changing so much. My only comfort right now is knowing that she will be well taken care of while I am working since my mom and Betsy Millington will be taking care of her...I could not ask for her to be in any better hands. Luckily I will only be at work for 2 weeks, and then it will be Christmas break, and I will be off for 2 weeks! Well, here goes...back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment